One of our very. first. posts. was about Adrianna’s favorite PR reads. Since the weather is getting cooler and all I want to do is cozy up and read in my thick socks and flannel, here are a few of our favorites to get your PR career going, or get you amped up and in the publicist mind set for upcoming meetings or interviews.
1. Normal Gets You Nowhere - Kelly Cutrone’s second book, and an awesome rebel-rouser for those trying to find their place in any career.
2. Ready to Launch: The PR Couture Guide to Breaking into Fashion PR: How to Begin a Successful Career in Fashion Public Relations - Crosby Noricks is one of our favorite PR chicks.
3. Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - If you haven’t read this book in your later years in college or in your first job, pick it up. Must read.
4. The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own - If you’re confused about how to get started on your ideal real-world wardrobe, here’s your manual.
5. Everyone Worth Knowing - A fun fictional PR book, written by the author of Devil Wears Prada.
6. Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy - Perfect book for helping you decorate your first apartment.
7. Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (And Other Social Networks) - If you didn’t learn everything you wanted about social media in college courses, this book is a great way to dive in.
8. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking - I haven’t read it yet, but this is on my list. Multiple people have told me I MUST read this book, being an introvert myself.
9. Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space, and Entertaining with Ease - Love Emily. Love her lifestyle. We want it.
10. The Modern Girl’s Guide to Life - This was the first book I snagged from my first PR office when I started working in the real world. Gave me lots of great “street smarts.” And it’s fun and pink!