While the PR girl is absolutely multi-talented and supremely knowledgeable, there are a few certain everyday tasks or trends that for whatever reason, we have a hard time with while other girls seem to master. I, for one, can not work the chic, just-got-out-of-bed wave (it looks like I fell in a lake and let the pond scum dry in my hair, I swear). A cannot keep the dates of the month straight (despite having a fabulous day calendar). For girls who can score a placement in a national publication or daytime talk show, we’re a little bit challenged in some areas.
Lately I’ve been looking everywhere for inspiration to lead a little bit more of a glamorous life. Here are a few of the items I just WISH I could do:
- Rock more jewelry than my every day chunky watch and bracelets
- Enjoy blockbuster movies without analyzing the product placements within each scene
- Pull off multi-colored eyeshadow
- FINISH A BOOK!
- Perfect the puposefully-messy bun without it turning into a ponytail at the end of the day
- Get to the gym BEFORE work
- Run in a pair of heels without tearing up the heel/falling on my face/scuffing them up
- Write thank you notes, not just emails
- Give myself frequent manicures
- Remember to wear lip gloss
- Don a statement jacket, like Blake’s above
What do you wish you could master to take your inner PR Girl up a knotch? Tell us at @nycPRgirls