Lately I’ve been somewhat overwhelmed between work, blogging and life in general. Especially as summer approaches, there’s so much to plan for and I’ve found myself struggling to balance it all. As I’m sure many bloggers will agree, maintaining a blog is not a walk in the park. Even between me and M, posting daily, keeping all of your social networks up to date, reading comments and checking emails takes a lot of time and work. On top of that, work and personal life takes priority. So how can you make it work?
- Prioritize. Beyond work and the blog, lately I’ve found maintaining close relationships and catching up with friends has become a huge priority. It’s a great way to decompress and in the end, it’s about what makes you happy.
- Integrate blogging, personal life and work. It’s helpful that this blog relates so much to my work and personal life. All of the content comes from experiences I’ve had in my career and how I’m feeling at the time.
- Schedule blog posts. This may seem obvious, but if I know I have a busy week ahead at work, I’ll write and schedule my posts on Sunday night so I don’t have to worry about them throughout the week.
- Schedule tweets. Yes, this is possible and it’s necessary to keep your Twitter channel flowing throughout the day. Scheduling tweets has helped a lot particularly since it’s near impossible to tweet while at work.
- Be realistic. Don’t overbear yourself with one too many things at once. If you’re struggling to balance, reevaluate what you having going on in your life and prioritize.
How do you maintain a work/life balance?