As PR professionals, we’re constantly sending limitless emails between pitches, client updates, assignments to colleagues and much more. Before hitting send, there are always a few quick thoughts that should go through your head.
- Check for grammar and spelling mistakes
- Insert a subject line that is short and concise, most importantly compelling if it’s a pitch
- Personalize the email
- Address the relevancy of the email to that person (why should this person care?)
- State action items/deadlines if appropriate
- Check hyperlinks
- Include your signature at the bottom of the note
What do you think of before hitting send?