As M mentioned, this week marks the start of New York Fashion Week and mayhem of your job is likely amped up. We’ve written about how to survive and prep for Fashion Week, but here are a few pointers on how to keep your brain sane.
- Write everything down. Have your notebook with you so you can check all of the boxes of your to-do list.
- Stay hydrated/full. If you’re starving and thirsty the whole time, your mood will instantly change.
- Make time to work out. Sign up for a class or go for a run. You’re likely to stay more committed if you do something with friends.
- Put down your phone 30 minutes before going to sleep. Give yourself a little down time.
- Get a good sleep. Sleep in an extra 20 minutes if you can. Every minute of sleep counts.
- Stay organized. Pack for the day ahead of time so you don’t forget any of the essentials. Extra pair of flats, charger, water bottle, etc.
- Keep positive. Which M outlined yesterday – super important.
- Don’t overdo it. Yes there are a million shows and events, but don’t put pressure on yourself to go to everything. There’s always next season.
- Have fun. Yes, working late nights and on the weekends isn’t ideal. But remember that this is NYFW. And it’s so worth it.
How do you stay sane through all the mayhem of Fashion Week?