At the NYU Women in Communications Panel last week, one of the questions was what is one of your biggest mistakes. While PR girls always try to pay close attention to detail, no one is perfect and we all make mistakes from time to time. Here are a few of the most common PR girl mistakes we can all work on fixing.
- Accidentally hitting the dreaded reply all.
- Paying too much attention to small details and forgetting the big picture.
- Not researching reporters before pitching.
- Sending an email to a reporter with their name spelled wrong.
- Wearing the most uncomfortable shoes during a day filled with walking.
- Over analyzing a client email.
- Panicking during a client fire drill.
- Spending too much time writing pitches that are way too detailed.
- Trying to pitch during a crisis.
- Spending late nights in the office for work that could be done the next day.
- Blasting emails to bloggers. Yes, this still happens.
- Not keeping in touch and losing media relationships.
- Overuse jargon that’s thrown around the office.
- Use office happy hours and the Christmas party as a time to unwind.
What are some other common mistakes PR girls make?
image ModCloth Blog