We have just left the starting gate of one of the busiest times of the year for New York PR girls – New York Fashion Week. The September Fashion Week season is always one of my favorites (there are no blizzards to be wary of), and this year without the hectic craziness of Fashion’s Night Out, it seems to be running a little bit smoother. However, there are always some lessons learned and good tips to keep in mind when running around like a madwoman in late-season booties. Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere has a great little list here, but here are a few other things I’ve come across in my New York Fashion Week experience.
- Stacked heels are the godsend of Fashion Week errands.
- Hairspray is needed. Always.
- If you’re on a “clean eating,” “paleo,” “Dukan” whatever diet… it’s about to go out the window. You barely eat. And when you do, it’s coffee and a handful of Reeses’ Pieces.
- Static Guard is a must have.
- You think you don’t need lip color, but you’re wearing all black. Trust me darling, you do.
- Water. Water. Water.
- Don’t forget deodorant.
- Keep nail polish remover wipes in your purse. Trust me.
- If you see a rare vegetable, eat it.
- Don’t try to name drop.
- Always smile. You’d be surprised how far you can go with enthusiasm. And the aforementioned Reeses’ Pieces.