I have to say, this is my first day working after Christmas and it feels odd. The office is dead, which is disturbing yet relaxing at the same time since I can catch up on my 200+ emails from the past week. Any PR professional knows it’s not hard to find work to do when there’s little to do. Here’s what’s on my list this week.
- Monitoring – get all of your charting done before the New Year
- Google Alerts – sort through them and delete those you don’t need
- Blog Catch-up – my favorite, look at recent post from your favorite and most relevant blogs
- Year End Report – most clients have these, get started now!
- Research – whether it’s for a spokesperson or event space, this is time consuming so great for downtime
- 2013 Planning – there’s plenty of this to get started on
- New Years Pitching – though it may be a little late, New Years coverage lasts through January
It can be hard to unwind from the holidays! What’s on your list of to do’s this week?