This morning I woke up with a serious pounding headache. It’s something that’s extremely rare for me, but when it happens it’s severe. It’s most likely because I fell asleep thinking about the 1,000 things I have to get done today.
Since I’m not much of a pill person, here’s how I try to alleviate headaches throughout the day. Note that I did take Tylenol this morning – which is so shocking I almost texted my mom about it.
- Drink tea. First thing I do everyone morning anyways.
- Stretch. Super important and definitely helpful.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty water all throughout the day.
- De-stress. Take deep breaths. Close your eyes to relax.
- Get some fresh air. Take a walk outside if necessary.
- Take medication. Something I already did, but is usually a last resort.
- Don’t overwork. You’ll only make yourself feel worse.
How do you beat a headache at work?