As I was running to the subway this morning with gifts for my co-workers in one hand and an umbrella in the other, I noticed someone reading an article on “A Not So Merry Holiday”. While it’s the most wonderful time of the year (to some) it can still be extremely stressful making sure everything goes smoothly between work, gifting and planning. We all know it’s important to stay focused this month, so here are some tips on how to beat holiday stress.
- Try to eat well and make time to exercise. You’ll feel better about yourself and can relieve some stress while exercising.
- Plan ahead. I’ve mentioned this before, but can’t stress it enough (pun intended).
- Get extra sleep. 10pm is now my weekly bedtime.
- Take time for yourself. Take your lunch break, decorate your apartment, wrap gifts or bake cookies.
- Be realistic. If you’re overloaded with assignments, speak up at work. If you can’t afford extravagant gifts, look up some DIY ideas. It’s the thought that counts.
- Remember what the holidays are really about. The three F’s: family, friends and food.
- Still have fun! Get into the spirit and knock some items on your bucket list before it’s too late.
How do you beat the stress of the holidays?