This weekend was a whirlwind. We’re nearly halfway through New York Fashion Week and both M and I worked at events over the weekend. Here are a few tips on how to survive Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week without drowning after the week comes to an end.
- Pay attention to every work email. Not just those pertaining to fashion week.
- Expect to put in extra hours at the office. It’s the only way you’ll get everything done on time.
- Make sure you’re communicating with teammates. So they know where you are/what you’re doing. Send recap emails following every event, show, etc.
- Stand your ground. Don’t be a pushover if you’re working a door or line. Otherwise you’ll be taken advantage of.
- Dress your best. Given, but also so you feel confident.
- Bring a charger with you everywhere. Just in case your phone dies.
- Use Uber. Instead of waiting outside of Lincoln Center for a cab for 30 minutes.
- Get a good amount of sleep. As much as you can. So many girls become way too exhausted.
- Take in the moments. Don’t forget that you’re working your dream job.
- Make sure the client’s happy. After all, it’s why you’re there.
How do you survive NYFW?