One of my recent posts has a lot of you buzzing on Twitter. In this post, I wrote: “When you feel a little uncomfortable, that’s a sign of growth and change.”
I realize that this might be a scary thought, especially for introverts like myself. The key here is to take some baby steps to push yourself out of your comfort zone in all areas of your life, so the important BIG steps won’t feel as scary. So if you want to push yourself to speak up in meetings and brainstorms but you’ve never been that outspoken before, start with painting your nails a new color or wearing your hair a different way. Even doing a new workout or cooking up a delish meal you’ve never tried. Doing something different and conquering the challenge will insert some much-needed and much-deserved confidence in all the parts of your life.
Here are a few ways you can push your limits one by one, until you have none!
- Get a bold new color on your nails. Julep has some gorgeous blues, yellows and purples for summer
- Cut your hair! I love doing this. Go to a stylist you trust, sit in the chair, and ask for a cut that would fit your face. They know what they’re doing!
- Get those sky high platforms you thought were too bold
- Mix up your dating scene – try Tinder, OKCupid, or Match. Ask a friend for a blind date set up
- Kick yourself into high gear. Find a new workout routine on YouTube, or meet new people at this FREE Zumba class being offered by Skinnygirl for the next 7 weeks in NYC. (I also recently became a Tone It Up convert. If you guys are interested, I’ll write a post on it!)
- Host a dinner party or happy hour. Nothing quite boosts my mood like making a great cocktail or meal for friends