Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week officially started in NYC and for many PR girls, it’s the busiest time of the year. For M and I, we get the honor of attending with clients but that doesn’t mean we get to just sit back, relax and enjoy the show. With a couple of shows to attend this weekend, there are several things to remember to bring along and prep for.
- Bring a big bag to fit all of your essentials plus any swag from the show
- Make sure you have your best camera
- Pack a small pair of back-up flats. The commute from Hoboken to Lincoln Center calls for these.
- Think about what you’ll wear ahead of time. I’ll be in all black, in true PR fashion.
- Find time to get your nails done. I tend to forget my manicure at home…
- Write down contact information for the videographer, photographer or anyone else you’re supposed to meet
- Double confirm that you and your client are on the list
- Don’t forget emergency contact information for the PR rep and email proof of your confirmed attendance (just in case)
- Have a pen to take notes so you don’t forget the looks you love
- Make sure you can easily access all of your social media accounts (don’t forget to follow us @nycprgirls on both Twitter and Instagram Xo)
- Number one priority, make sure your clients are happy before, during and after the show
How do you prep for New York Fashion Week? Also check out a PR Girl’s Fashion Week Needs.