As summer internships come to an end (le sigh), many college PR students are scrambling to find yet another PR internship. As you know, internships are the best and really only way to put you in a good position for hiring after graduating college. While many PR students sector themselves into only taking PR agency internships, consider looking into other opportunities that will broaden your experience. Particularly in media.
- Hospitality group. Learn the ins and outs of event planning.
- Local TV/radio station. Become familiar with how your local broadcast station plans and books segments.
- Website/blog. Broaden your writing skills and learn how story ideas come to fruition.
- Magazine/newspaper. Learn about deadlines, how reporters and writers like to be pitched and much more.
- Photography studio. Brush up on your creative and planning skills.
- Wedding planning. Learn more about event planning and client relations from demanding brides.
- In-house. See everything from the clients perspective at a fashion, beauty or lifestyle brand.
What are some other internship opportunities that are valuable for PR students?