‘Tis the season for holiday parties, end of year recaps and drinking and eating excessively. With the holiday break right around the corner, here is some holiday office protocol to follow.
- Have fun at your holiday party, but not too much fun. Aka don’t blackout and regret something the next day.
- Avoid coming into the office hungover. You may set yourself back a few days and have to work over the break.
- Give small gifts. To your coworkers, such as a note, cookies or desk accessories. Even better, bake cookies for the office.
- Send the office schedule to the client. Let them know exactly when the office will be open/closed but note that you’ll be available over email/phone.
- Start pulling your end of year recaps NOW. Don’t leave them until last minute.
- Leave your online holiday shopping for at home. You’ll get too wrapped into it at work (pun intended).
- Wish your clients a happy holidays. Before leaving the office for good.
- Don’t disappear over the break. We all know PR never stops. Be prepared for client requests that could come through.
- Use the holidays to unwind. And be thankful for all that you have.
What are some other office holiday protocols?