The weather is heating up and it’s starting to officially feel like summer. The warmer it gets outside, the harder it is to concentrate inside when all you want to do is be laying by a pool or at the beach. Here are a few tips on how to stay focused during the summer months.
- Figure out the problem. Are you spending too much time planning for the weekend? Chatting too much with friends? Nail down some of the causes for losing concentration and try to fix them.
- Eat. Seems obvious, but we tend to skip meals which causes us to constantly lose focus. Eat a good breakfast and lunch. Pack yourself snacks to keep fueled throughout the day.
- Set yourself deadlines. Always a good way to ensure your work gets completed. Once you meet your deadline, give yourself some down time to grab lunch or take a walk.
- Step outside. Take a 15 minute walk to enjoy the weather. Once you get back in the office you’ll feel refreshed and ready to go.
- Don’t leave assignments for Friday. Summer Fridays are typically rushed. Don’t leave major assignments/meetings for Friday. It will be near impossible to concentrate.
- Make the most of your weekends. Go out to brunch, go to the beach, lay by a pool. Do all the things you would love to do during the week so your weekends aren’t wasted.
- Plan outings. Plan a rooftop happy hour after work with coworkers. Having something to look forward to after work will keep you more focused during the day.
How do you stay focused during the summer months?