In between balancing work and personal life, my cousin asked me last month to be her maid of honor. I was overly thrilled and excited to take on the responsibilities. The catch? Her wedding was in two months! While most MOH’s have months to plan, sometimes even a year, I’ve been working to pull together everything in such a short amount of time.
In my eyes, there are many benefits to having a PR girl as your MOH. Here are a few reasons why:
- Great communicators. PR girls know how to communicate and get the job done. They will openly tell you their plan of execution when it comes to wrangling up the bridesmaid, the event planning and so forth. Plus, their great at public speaking, necessary for the maid of honor speech.
- Can take demands. PR girls deal with demanding clients on a daily basis, so demands from a bride are a piece of cake.
- Teamwork. PR girls know how to work with teams, as they need to work with the bridesmaids, the mother of the bride and whomever else. They know it’s about communication and delegation.
- Event planning. PR girls have plenty of experience in event planning and coordination. They know how to throw a fun party which is important for someone pulling together your Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party.
- Perfectionists. PR girls are innate perfectionists when it comes to every detail of an event, what everyone’s wearing and more. From the bridal shower invites to the shoes on each bridesmaid, a PR girl will make sure every aspect is a perfect as it can be.
- Always inspired. PR girls know where to look for inspiration. From the style blogs they read daily to their innate knowledge of Pinterest, they can find bridal shower games, decor and cute wedding ideas.
Have you been a Maid of Honor before? How was your experience?