As A mentioned yesterday, she and I are SO ready for May to be here and summer to get underway. I’ve always considered Memorial Day the unofficial start of summer, especially here in New York. Though it has been rainy all week, With the holiday weekend just weeks away, I’m mentally and physically preparing myself for my favorite season to start. Here are a few things Adrianna and I are doing to prepare:
- Purchase tickets for Summer special events, including the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic and Electric Daisy Carnival
- Perfect the weekend outfit, including lace shorts, beach tees, neon necklaces and flat sandals (I like Joe Fresh, Zara and J.Crew for all of the above)
- Keep the refrigerator stocked with favorites, like A’s Skinny Girl Margaritas and M’s mini Moets
- Make plans for travel to Jersey Shore, Montauk, Cape Cod, Boston and the Finger Lakes
- Scare away winter pale with a few beauty tricks (here are some of my favs from last year)
- Master three recipes for rooftop entertaining on a whim (I’m thinking a summertime risotto, cucumber avocado spring rolls, and a fresh salad)
How are you looking forward to warmer weather?