There’s nothing more stressful than a pitch that goes unanswered. So why isn’t the media getting back to you? Here are a few reasons that could be why.
- Your pitch is irrelevant to their beat. Make sure you’re doing your research.
- Your pitch looks like a blast. Customize each pitch and don’t blast out your pitches.
- Your pitch is too long. Long pitches are often boring and take up too much time to read. The shorter the better.
- Your subject line isn’t engaging. The wrong subject line could be an instant delete.
- Your pitch isn’t urgent enough. If it doesn’t have relevancy or an immediate tie to the reporters frequent coverage, it could be put on hold.
- The reporter could be on deadline. Unanswered calls or emails could mean the reporter is just tied up in other coverage.
What are some other reasons your pitch is going unanswered?