It is hard to believe that the summer is more than half way over. Already, I’m seeing fall colors slowly appear in my favorite stores. I almost had a panic attack when I saw rows of boots replacing an assortment of sandals. Notice how after school, time just seems to go by faster and faster with each passing season and year?
This Florida girl is not ready for fall. Even melting away on the subway platform, oddly I feel at home. This week has been lovely thanks to a few cooling showers. Therefore, I’m making a conscious effort to appreciate a few of my summer favorites. I encourage you to do the same.
-Iced coffee in mason jars from Fishs Eddy (I’ve replaced my cups with mason jars this summer)
- Breezy summer dresses (beware of subway grates)
- Brighly colors manicures and pedis
- Showing off your pedi in sandals or wedges
- Reading and Picnics in the park (really anything in the park)
- The park before sunset, when you can spot Lightning Bugs twinkling with the city as their backdrop
- Escaping the city on holiday weekends (whether it is to the Hamptons, Down the Shore or beyond)
What are your summer favorites?
image via The Pioneer Woman