We all have them – awful work habits we try and try again to get rid of. Here are a few of the worst bad habits every PR girl needs to kick. If you don’t have any, you’re probably in denial.
- Procrastination. I’m totally guilty of this.
- Saying “um” or “like” every other word. It’s nerves. It happens.
- Being quiet. In meetings or at outings. Speak up. They want to hear your voice.
- Skipping over emails. Not on purpose, just not flagging them properly.
- Being late. Time and time again. Just because you get away with it once…
- Slouching. In meetings and at our desk. Try to keep good posture.
- Venting. Co-workers and friends. Sometimes we just have to suck it up.
- Hitting send too fast. Proofread everything. Make sure you’re sending to the right person.
- Never taking a break. Everyone needs at least 10 minutes to enjoy lunch. Take a one!
- Being negative. Especially when you’re stressed. Look at the glass half full.
What are some other bad work habits you have?