October is going to be one of the craziest months of the year for me at the office. I have not one, not two, but three big client events at the end of the month (all in a row, and all in the same week!) and the prep for all three has already taken a majority of my time. I really want to work to enjoy fall this year, instead of spending it depressed that it is no longer 80 degrees and sleeping away the work week.
Since we’re going to be in holiday season before any of us realize it, I’m making myself a list of “must-do’s” before a whole bunch of snow drops on us and it’s officially winter.
- Spend each Sunday watching football in a variety of places – whether it’s a party at Bounce, a low key dive, or your couch
- Make hot apple cider and watch scary movies with the girls
- Toast pumkin seeds
- Take careful inventory of your closet as you change over wedges to boots, and swim suits for scarves
- FINALLY get to see the ballet
- Take a walk in central park just to see the leaves change
- Carve out a pumpkin for your doorstep. Buy Halloween candy even if you don’t have trick-or-treaters in your building
- Rent a zipcar and head upstate to go apple picking
- Visit a haunted house, like Blood Manor or Killers
- Catch up with close friends near a fireplace
What are you looking forward to this fall?