A few weeks ago, I posted about reasons to start a blog and not being afraid to do so. One of our good friends Chelsea (and a fellow PR gal) recently jumped into the blogosphere and started her own blog called The Spring Mix. Since she’s a super cool, Brooklyn resident, she’s the perfect person to take advice from when it comes to activities in the city.
With this warm & rainy weather in NYC today, it really feels like spring is right around the corner. Personally, I am looking forward to the colorful Farmer’s Markets in Union Square and Prospect Park.
Here are some other fun ideas for spring:
- Eat everything in sight at Smorgasburg.
- Have a picnic in one of the city’s many parks.
- Experience the magic of Sakura Matsuri, the annual cherry blossom festival at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- Explore Redhook. Attend a tasting at The Redhook Winery then head over toAlma for the tastiest mexican food and gorgeous view.
- Rent a citibike and spend the day riding around the city. You never know what you’ll discover when you ditch the agenda and just ride.
- Pick up food at Chelsea Market and stroll along the High Line.
- Take a flower arranging class at NYC Flower Girl and then fill your apartment with beautiful blooms.
- Gather your friends and have a down coat and tights burning ceremony. Just kidding.
What are you looking forward to?
– Chelsea, The Spring Mix