We’ve all been there. Those moments where the PR gods are testing you and you feel like you can’t do anything right. Here are what I consider the top 5 PR problems a PR professional will encounter several times throughout his/her career.
- When media cancels on you. You have them booked for an interview, a live segment, an amazing placement. Anything. You’ve already told your teammates and your client and then they cancel on you. Only thing to do – own it and come up with a backup plan.
- When you send a wrong email. Those moments when you hit the send button too quickly and your pitch goes to the wrong person. Message recall ASAP.
- When your placement has the wrong info. Or doesn’t include the client or program name. Something we try so hard to control, but at the end of the day, can’t.
- When no one responds to your pitch. Time to seriously rethink what you’re pitching.
- When your client plan gets rejected. Multiple times. Hold a brainstorm. Come up with new ideas – fast.
What are some of your worst PR problems?