As many of you know, I spent the better half of the past two weeks in Iowa for client events. While I always welcome traveling and seeing new places, after this trip I just about kissed the ground when I landed in New York. Being out of the city made me realize just how lucky (or, spoiled) we New Yorkers are. Even if just starting out and strapped for cash, there are luxuries that are innate to New Yorkers that just do not exist anywhere else. Here are a few of them:
- Shoe repair shops on every corner
- Completely normal to order a dirty martini or a pitcher of margaritas for you and a girlfriend at 5pm after a hard day
- Skinny jeans, cross body bags, bold lip color and crazy nail colors are ABSOLUTELY on trend
- 4 inch heels are like your Visa card – accepted everywhere
- Taxis. Anywhere. Anytime.
- Having Atlantic City/Vegas/Miami just a quick trip away for a Bachelorette/Girl’s Night soiree
- Hole-in-the-wall 5 star restaurants that don’t require a reservation
- Boys will come talk to you. And even buy you a drink if you’re nice
- Best music/DJ’s in the world and on almost every block
My friend told me something so true this weekend – when you stop having butterflies when you land/drive/walk into New York City, you know it’s time to leave. I am nowhere near that point.
What crazy, unexpected things do you love about New York?