Everyone has their own feelings about Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re single or attached, I think Valentine’s Day is a good excuse to be a little festive – even if it’s just buying yourself some Necco Sweethearts and doing something a little special with your makeup. The hardest part of course, is taking your flirtatious look from the office out on the town for a night with the girls or a romantic date.
I think the easiest way to be fun at work and flirty at work is to go with a cat-eye to smokey eye look. You can play up the smokey-ness as much as you want, or even keep it really cat-eye with a red lip later in the day. Here are a few of my go-to products for an easy v-day look:
1. Le Metier de Beauty Foundation - I have tried a few different foundations in my life, but this 2012 find of mine is my favorite. The coverage lasts all day, and it never looks cakey or rubs off. I would apply in the morning with a primer (I like Smashbox Photo Ready), and touch up just a bit before going out under the eyes and along your t-zone if needed
2. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush - Since we're going for a more dramatic eye look here, a pure pinky blush is all that's needed
3. Jordana Fabuliner - Adrianna's recent favorite. Since it's like a marker, you can make your cat-eye look very Lauren Conrad-ish for day, and play it up at night. That's it for your day look - just some balm and your favorite neutral gloss!
4. Le Metier de Beauty Eye Shadow Palette - I chose this one from the Fall 2012 collection because it offers nudes and darks. With this kaleidoscope palette, you can decide whether you want to go full on smokey or just add a little shimmer and depth to your enhanced cat-eye for night
5. So long as your eye shadow color is tame, feel free to play up your lips at night. I like Revlon's lip butters, and the Red Velvet is very festive