If you can believe it, I’m headed out once more to travel to Iowa City for business. Though working over the weekend is no one’s favorite thing to do, I like to think there are several positives to getting on a plane and escaping to another city for the sake of work:
- The excitement of being somewhere you may have never gone yourself (why would I ever consider going to Iowa?)
- A hotel room all to yourself (naps and bad-television-watching are already planned)
- Trying the local cuisine (this one I’m not so sure yet)
- Another city to practice the PR elevator speech in (bonus points if you run into someone who already knows what PR is!)
- Relaxing without the pressure to hang out with NYC friends (love them, but this girl needs a break)
- Making new friends (traveling is an excellent excuse to be a social out-of-towner)
Have a great weekend everyone!