Today is an event day for me. One of my last before the holidays.
Fellow PR girls will know. Here are a few things your brain does on event day.
- You think you can skip breakfast, and promptly eat half the scones at the pastry table once the guests pass up food
- You swing from feeling like you could fall on your feet in exhaustion to Tiger Woman Can Conquer the World
- Your stomach seems to always growl at the most inopportune times
- Your client asks you a simple question, and you look around the room looking for your life line
- You always feel dirty, and constantly wash your hands and use Purell
- Your feet go numb in your heels
- Caffeine has little effect on you, unless its a quadruple shot of espresso in an Americano
- Your hair falls out, and onto your clients lap during the first interview or meeting
- You always need more water
- You are smiling, even when you’re scared/about to cry/starving/exhausted, because you are doing what you love, and that makes you happy